DIY, Easy, Non-Toxic Makeup Brush Cleaner
- Dirty Makeup Brushes
- 1 Cup Hot Water – not boiling but hot
- 2 Teaspoons (tsp) Distilled White Vinegar
- Glass Jar
- Dip makeup brushes in hot water and vinegar mixture.
- Swirl brush around.
- Change out mixture if needed.
- Remove brushes from water.
- Even out brush bristles and reshape.
- Lay brushes flat to dry or use this ultra-handy brush holder/organizer/dryer found on Amazon (a best seller). Comes in pink too!
How Often Should Makeup Brushes be Cleaned?
To prevent bacteria and skin outbreaks, best practice, depending on use, clean:
- Concealer and Foundation Brushes – once a week
- Powder brushes – every 2-3 weeks