Unwanted situations, uncomfortable events, undesirable people happen for every one. Within these words is our little reminder that gratitude is not just for appreciating the good stuff in life, but also the unwanted. Gratitude for the undesirable takes an incredible amount of self-discipline of the […]
Goal Setting, New Year Resolutions, Dreams, Desires. Yes, yes, yes, yes! You must. You can. Keep it simple, achievable, repeatable, trackable, rewardable. Fancy planners and systems are great and there are many wonderful ways to plan and accomplish tasks. Some of us love the technical/detailed […]
Intuition is most commonly thought of as a feeling – a bad feeling one may have regarding a person or a situation. A sense that would warn us and keep us from being harmed.
Hair-raising instinctual thoughts have certainly protected me from horrible situations that even in hindsight are hard to imagine what would have happened without the power of instinct directing me remove myself from a situation, make a different decision, or otherwise do something entirely different. Thank you instinct!
Considering how powerful intuition is, think about how amazing it would be to apply intuition and instinct in a positive way – to improve your goals, situations, desires, relationships, and answers to your life questions in general.
Intuition and Goals
Increasing your intuition will improve your goal achievement by giving you the skills to tap into quicker decision making; clearer answers and solutions to problems; a sense of confidence that your choices are coming from a deeper place; increased creativity and inspiration.
Ways to increase your intuition:
1. Be quiet. Listen more and be quiet more often when in public. Observe people in your life who function more on the quiet, introverted realm. They are listening more often which gives them incredible skills to be more intuitive, they are innately using other senses to decipher what is occurring.
2. Meditate. Meditation quiets the mind, organizes thoughts and allows you to connect and improve the pineal gland functioning which in turn allows you to be always connected to the instinctual part of your brain. Feel the location of the pineal gland which is located between the two hemispheres of your brain and is the size of a grain of rice. Feel it’s presence. Focus on the third eye area between the brows. Ask for intuition around a subject while meditating.
3. Ask for an answer. Visualize something you want. Ask your intuition for the answer or next step to get you there. Really listen for the answer which may not come to you immediately. It may show up a few days later, in the night in bed, while you are driving – times the mind is relaxed. Keep asking questions and listening. As you build your power of intuition, the answers will come quicker.
Examples of questions you may ask:
What should I eliminate from my diet?
What do I need to do next in my business?
What do I need to communicate in my career?
Is there anyone I need to reach out to? To apologize, say a kind word, support?
What should I do next for _________________________ ?
When you receive an answer, take appropriate action.
4. Sound. Increase your intuition through your sense of sound. Listen for Five Sounds. Count and acknowledge what you are hearing. The first 3 sounds may come to you easily. Keep listening as there are others. By doing this, you are 1. Becoming very present to your surroundings; 2. Being quiet and 3. Building your hearing senses to hear sounds that are not immediately heard by your ears. This activity trains your brain that there are other things to pay attention to other than the loudest sound in a place or in your house. This will build your power of intuition through your sense of hearing. Try this when out in public at a busy restaurant, at work, or even at night in bed. 1,2,3,4,5
5. Sight. Increase your intuition through your sense of sight.
Notice five things with your eyes. Things you may not have really noticed before in your home or any location. One, two, three, four, five. With this activity, you are again 1. Being present; 2. Being quiet; and 3. Building your sense of sight to begin to notice more than just what is immediately apparent.
6. Be creative. Any type of artwork can be meditative and connect with your sense of touch. The easiest is coloring if you don’t have an immediate method. Coloring increases your connection with color and concentration and you can also work out a problem by coloring and asking for the solution. Plus it’s fun!
7. Work with your Dreams. Tap into your dreams. Dreams are important insights into our lives and what our night time brain is telling us. Often we ignore our dreams. Dream, write it down, investigate, consider what it could mean. Dreams are giving us a clue and often are filled with intuition if we just pay attention. You can even ask your conscious self to remember your dreams, or ask your dreams to give you an answer.
8. Believe. Give your intuition credit, acknowledge it, believe it and build confidence when you clearly recognize it has worked. Most of us ignore our intuition and discount it. By practicing, listening, acknowledging, you can bring it back out into the light as an ally and friend to assist us with everyday living. Acknowledge your intuition and surrender to its existence.
9. Sleep. Get plenty of sleep. Intuition stems from the pineal gland. The pineal gland Is responsible for making melatonin which helps regulate our sleep patterns. Good sleep helps the pineal gland do it’s work.
10. Sound Vibrations. Clear the pineal gland (the Third Eye) with sound. The tone associated with this area is Musical Note A. You can find some incredible sound recordings on YouTube with music/musical tones, beats specifically for pineal gland, intuition improvement and Third Eye Chakra clearing. Get out your headphones and enjoy some wonderful sound.
Definitions of Intuition to Consider
When developing intuition, consider this definition from Merriam-Webster best defines intuition as we are developing our powers of insight and awareness:
the power to direct
knowledge or cognition
without evident rational thought and inference
Then, the following three definitions from Merriam-Webster are the end result goals we can obtain with the power of our intention:
1 : quick and ready insight;
2 : immediate apprehension or cognition;
3 : knowledge or conviction gained by intuition
Learn More About Intuition
Watch a Movie – There is a wonderful movie about intuition for streaming on Netflix called Inn Saei. Inn Saei means the Sea Within.
Read my post on the Pineal Gland. – Work with your Pineal Gland for Better Sleep, Anti-aging and Increased Intuition
Read or Listen to a book – Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell
Have some fun building your very powerful intuition.
There are greater than 20 styles of Meditation practices and maybe even more! The actual number is uncertain and this alone can be overwhelming especially for a beginner. Meditation practices exist in every culture known to man. All types of meditation help increase the ability […]
I despise having a cold or the flu and when I am sick I spend most of my time resisting the fact that I am sick especially in the beginning. I deny, I complain, I whine, I struggle. What a bother! Who the heck has […]
I am with you that Thanksgiving is a day to indulge a bit, however, if you are like me, you have had years filled with regret about over over-indulging, being overweight and justifying that it is the holidays.
We know that there is no real answer to “how to lose weight fast”, so we must plan and pace ourselves for a healthy body.
Hopefully you are with me in at least not gaining any weight this holiday season. Weight loss would be an unreasonable stretch for myself, yet maintaining my weight, I have done before and at the end of the holiday season, I was far happier with myself.
With me? Let’s start now!
Thanksgiving Day Tips:
1. Move in the morning – even if it is just a little bit – walk around the block; run a mile with the dog; if counting steps, go for 5k steps; join a morning Turkey Trot
2. Drink plenty of water in the morning, before eating and with your meal
3. Fill your plate with green veggies or fill up on the veggie plate before filling your plate
4. Enjoy the yearly treats, just keep the portions moderate and if you really don’t care for something, don’t eat it
5. Savor every bite. No need to shovel it in. Leftovers are likely
6. Eat a sensible breakfast such as yogurt and fruit or plain eggs
7. Limit your sugar intake which includes sweets, breads and alcohol
8. Eat sitting up straight as you will be more aware of your body versus standing or slouching over
9. Move after eating. Walk and talk with your friends or family before having a nap or watching football
Happiest and Healthiest of Thanksgivings and let’s look forward to being the best we can be in the upcoming year.
#clevergirlbeautytips #clevergirl #thanksgivingtips
Mirror, Mirror in the Bathroom – communicates a reflection that we are or are not caring for ourselves – if we are not eating well, not drinking enough water, not sleeping enough, the mirror is our friendly feedback friend. Pale Skin; Dry Hair; Puffy Eyes; […]
Five Reasons to Try a Tinted Moisturizer if You’re over 40 Thankfully, the decades of heavy, caked-on foundation are over. Using a Tinted Moisturizer might just be the best foundation coverage for women over 40. Tinted moisturizer is pretty much a moisturizer plus a foundation […]
The Best Facelift Without Surgery
A surgical facelift has one major purpose – to make you look younger!
With the price of being dangerous; painful and cost a whole lot of money. I am forever in search of options, options, options for looking great. I believe the best facelift without surgery is great eyebrow design.
Safe, a little painful yes, but affordable and not particularly dangerous.
Eyebrows make a statement
Eyebrows are one of the most important and yet most overlooked features on a person’s face. Imagine for a moment, a face without brows – we may not grasp immediately what is missing yet something, a blankness, a loss of expression, nowhere to guide our gaze into another’s eyes as we look into their face. Eyebrows frame and lift and when it comes to looking great they are the facial feature that with the right attention can be comparable to a facelift without the surgery.
Full, defined brows are associated with youth as everyone’s brows are fuller when they’re younger. Brows get sparser and can fade over time.
In a study published by Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), where subjects were asked to identify celebrities with either their eyes or their eyebrows digitally edited out, the subjects were able to recognize the celebrity 46% of the time with their eyebrows edited out, compared to 56% of the time with their eyes edited out. The findings indicate the importance of eyebrows in providing clues to an individual’s identity.
Famous Celebrity Eyebrows
When you think of the following celebrities/artists, the images in your mind certainly include the brows:
Brooke Shields in the 80’s (she now has lovely tamed eyebrows appropriate for her age)
All of the above above-mentioned faces have one thing in common – their faces would not be as familiar without their eyebrows.
Of course, no need to have your brows make a statement of uniqueness (unless you are all about that – check out these wild new trends http://stylecaster.com/beauty/eyebrow-trends-2017/ ) yet working with our brows to make us look age appropriate and great – that’s the importance of eyebrows in every day beauty.
As we age, our eyebrows turn gray, thin out, lose color – or the opposite – become unwieldy and unkempt. My hair color over time has gone from a very light blonde to more of a light brown dirty blonde color. My brows however became lighter and lighter with a few gray strands so far. The contrast of lighter brows and darker hair I realized was making my face look bland without definition.
In my early 40’s, I came across Charla Krupp’s Book How Not to Look Old – Fast and Effortless Ways to Look 10 Years Younger, 10 Pounds Lighter, 10 Times Better [click link to go my book review of Charla’s book]. Charla’s book thankfully brought my fast dissolving and disappearing brows to my attention. Previously, eyebrows were not anything I had to concentrate upon, my brows were brown and my hair a shade lighter. Several of my friends who always had dark, thick, wild brows, had always had attention on their facelifters because they had to. I had never considered them much.
After the first brow tint and brow design, I immediately received several compliments about my appearance with the new, defined brows. What I noticed is the darker tint to my brows emphasized my eyes and complimented my darkening base hair color.
Well-designed eyebrows give a person the appearance of looking younger by lifting the eye, bringing attention to the eyes by emphasizing a deepness of color in the eye and the brow and framing the face.
A Tip Based on A Dressing Trick
There is a trick in wardrobing where you wear a necklace to bring another’s the eye up and away from the mid-section and waste to look at the neckline therefore de-emphasizing the mid-section. A way to play down the extra weight visually. Same with brows, they bring the beholders eye up into the eyes.
Suggestions on How to Achieve Great Eyebrows – Eyebrow Tinting and Eyebrow Design
1. Not sure yet: Find a good eyebrow pencil in a complimentary color or powdered brow color and a good applicator brush. Check here for recommendations. Powder fills in thin areas and pumps up fading color, but if you have bald spots in your brows, use a pencil first, then apply powder on top for more coverage.
2. Interested: Hire a professional brow stylist. A professional eyebrow designer will tint and/or shape your brows. This person specializes in color matching and how to shape a brow to emphasize eye and face shape. I believe this is the best way to begin and for some, the only way to go.
3. Ready for some easy color: If you are just needing color to go with your well-shaped brows and you are already having your hair colored by a professional stylist, ask him or her to color your brows while they are styling your hair. Many hairstylists are well-trained in color matching and can suggest and apply the perfect shade.
4. Feeling confident: Color and style your brows at home. If you are comfortable enough, purchase a brow tint online and a good pair of tweezers. I have grown into doing this after working with a professional enough to get an idea. My brows were not needing a lot of tweezering and I found a color that worked for me. Go slow with the darkness of the color here. You can always re-dye in a few weeks if the dye is not dark enough as the kit comes with several applications.
5. Feeling really ready: Consider eyebrow tatooing which is great if you have little hair. Note: Brow tatooing has greatly improved.
Eyebrow Threading is a very popular method of eyebrow shaping and design. I personally tried it a few times and I did find it gentle yet not very defining for eyebrow shaping and is not the preferred method for me.
Eyebrow Hair Loss
Hair loss occurs for many reasons including hormones (decrease in estrogen), aging, chemotherapy, nutrient deficiencies, auto-immune diseases, allergies, thyroid problems, medication reactions. Speak with your doctor if you have noticed a drastic loss in eyebrow hair. Hormones are very powerful and having them tested and naturally adjusted can be very helpful.
For something to try for growing your brow hair, check out this Easy 2 Ingredient, DIY Recipe for Eyebrow Regrowth Serum
Eyebrow Regrowth Serum
Make your own eyebrow regrowth serum with only two ingredients!
- Step 1 Castor Oil is known for balancing pH has hair loving amino acids and Omega-9 fatty acid.
- Step 2 Rosemary Essential Oil of a good quality is stimulant that increases blood flow to hair follicles.
- Step 3 In a Mascara Tube (found on amazon), or any glass or plastic container, combine 2 tbs Castor Oil with five drops Rosemary Essential Oil.
- Step 4 Apply to eyebrows only with a mascara brush or Qtip. Use once a day for effective results and do not get into eyes or use on eyelashes.
- Step 5 Some may find Rosemary Essential Oil very strong and if so, increase Castor Oil into mixture.
Have fun with those brows and let me know how it goes and let me know if you have any suggestions for creating brows that impress!
#clevergirlbeautytips, #clevergirl, #greateyebrowdesign
Confidence and Self-Esteem are born of feeling good about yourself and releasing negative thoughts and emotions. Forgiving yourself and others may be one of the quickest ways to increase positive self-esteem. And with the following two techniques – it can be easy! Be yourself; Accept […]